1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YET AGAIN we have transparent parts for no reason

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JST, Jun 30, 2020.

1. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The tails, the view of the screw threads, and then the more obtrusive ones where the whole part is transparent.

I reckon they must be related, so if the Alibre folks want to look at it, then I'll show them the stuff. I'm not demanding action, and I'm kinda bored with showing it. That transparency stuff is getting to where it ain't news anymore.

Showed the other part because it is a recently generated file, no possibility of it being a cross-version issue etc. Those parts were created recently, and the other parts are imported, but are all one-piece parts, no layers, no constraints,in them, no nonsense.

There was some thought of it being a display issue, but I have no idea how the display would be able to cause a 1mm deep transparency, and scale it. Displays get told what to show, and where to show it, they are not generally set up to modify images in that way (but, of course, can be programmed to "mine" bitcoin).

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Seb - in case there is a common factor, could you advise the graphics hardware in your system? (single/dual adapter, models).

3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Nvidia RTX 2070

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

@DavidJ , In light of the issues some people have seen in relation to graphics, it may be prudent for the dev team to add a utility (to the home window->Utilities) that gathers the info from the graphics card, DirectX/OpenGL setings version/info/metrics, dependancy dll versions, windows resolution/dpi settings/scaling, current AD view settings and anything thing else that has a direct impact or is used by the rendering engine or scaling/position calcs.

In order to debug a common cause you need to have a much bigger picture than just what card is being used, then compare that data to find the common denominator with other troublesome machine reports and also see what's different to the dev machines that don't show the issue. Hopefully, the profile will allow dev to replicate it or identify what impact the differences will have in the code.

That's what I do to find machine specific issues, just my experienced 2p.

NateLiqGrav and bigseb like this.
  5. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User