1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find align & mate

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Kunstmaan, May 20, 2020.

1. Kunstmaan

Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

Today I updated to the V21 version.
    And imidiate I noticed the menu difference.
    The contraints options are a bit strange to me.
    Where do I find the align and mate options.
    Or is it possible to get the"old" menu's back?

Berdien

2. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Those two are in the "coincident" constraint. They are chosen by using the reverse arrows at the top to either select mate (face to face) or align.

If there is an offset, then the "offset" selection must be chosen, which gives options of a specified offset, constraint within limits, or "Free", which is the old "Orient" constraint.

It is a little odd, because the constraint is executed immediately, and you then select the reverse, or one of the options, to get what you want, then accept it. With each option you select, the change is also immediately executed, so you see what you are going to get before you accept it.

The "accept" is the checkmark button at top, which I find hard to remember.

I tend to still look for the "accept" at the bottom, and sometimes mistakenly hit the button at the bottom, which actually closes the window without doing anything.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

4. Kunstmaan

Hi David,

I feel myself almost a idiot, as I am a newbie to V21 comming from the 2018 version, I dont know where to look for.
    Could you just point me to thecorrect menu option instead??

Berdien

5. DavidJ

It is as JST said - Align and Mate have been combined into Co-incident ( a 'Flip' arrow allows you to switch between them - like the old 'Quick Constraints' tool).

The videos do explain it well. The 'Unified Constraint Dialogue' video may be particularly helpful.

6. Kunstmaan

I must be a stupid person as I never would have guesed using the 'Flip' arrow for that.
    Thanks for pointing out.
    NOw I have to mirror a part but where is the mirror button gone??

7. DavidJ

Scale / Mirror Part is where it always was in part workspace.

Assembly Mirror pattern is where it always was in assembly workspace.

8. Kunstmaan

David,
    I am looking for the assembly mirrir part

9. DavidJ