1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Global Parameters

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by KeithH, Mar 30, 2021.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

the problem with that video is it expects people to be familiar with a lot more that im sure you are, but a new person is not familiar with. thats the problem. i would not be frustrated is i" just got it".

2. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

i think i kind of understand. . More than normal. thanks. i have to dwell on it, but i kinda understand

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I've not sent this to you before! If you really want to alienate people from trying to help you, your doing a great job. You certainly won't get anymore help from me. Good luck.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Have you gone through the online Alibre tutorials? .. from the start ... sequentially.

5. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

i apolopgise. Mybe you didnt, but others sent the same video. point being i had that sent to me. and i didnt understand it. i thought it was you, but regardless, you responded after it was sent while your logged out. online. im trying to learn. im sorry if i ruffled feathers, but times are changing, and my dad is an architech and even he has to adapt.

6. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

i guess the most frustrating thing is i want to learn, but its really frustrating because i want to learn but i cant fin online help. and so i go to the forum, and i talk to people way over my head. thats not your fault. you up hear while im down hear. as far as understanding.. it just shouldnt be that way. there should be more than 5 people responding total

it is what is is i guess. got my yeti. and i won it and ill have fun with it. but darn does a 6 min and 36 second video take up 246 mb. . so anyone that thinks youtube stuff aint no joke, well im telling you with uses a lot of stuff for my test . mic works great. i sound better than alibre file size fills it

7. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

i guess to Alibre i feel belittled and thats [robably why no new people coming . we need a welcoming place to come and welcoming people to answer new people. (not sure how else your going to do it. the old guard sometimes needs to adapt to new ways) lotherwise your going to be left with the old guard as they dwindle away until your left with 2 people)

8. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

These two posts of mine explain it as simply as possible.

9. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

lets agree im dumb . cause i dont get it. i did check your posts , right clicking them. arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. frustrating. dont care ill learn ikt. flor now on im hitting up support. David always gets me late. hes good. )REFLECTING BACK THOUGH. IT SUCKS CAUSE ANYOHTER PROGRAM , I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS, THE ANSWER COMES UP FROM A WEBSITE OR YOUTUBE, ET, .... i think like the other guy said.. he said hes what too whatever with his business (i live off my patents so and) old guard changing thats all i got to say. the new thing is teaching p[eople , and fusion taught that there is a massive amount of people so be it and no belittling cause that dowsnt happen on fusions site

10. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Tbh you seem impatient, not dumb.

Open up an existing part. Then click on the EE button: f(x)
    Capture.JPG

This will list all the dimension values used in the creation of that part:
    Capture1.JPG

11. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

You can used these values in formulas or to drive later dimensions in the same part.

12. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Global parameters are essentially the same thing except instead of being setup within a part and being relevant only to that part they are saved in a separate file (AD_GLP) and this file can then be inserted into any part or assembly file you like. Now you can control many/all files with one GP file. Used right this can be a huge time saver.

13. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

It really can't be explained any easier than that.

14. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

it cant be explained any easier than that except i dont know that. i havent learned ... it Dont you all get it? poeple arent as smrt as you. im foling a regiusted textbook . im not at that poiont yet and i dont get it

15. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

why is it so fing hard. im upset cause im like the only dude sticking by this trying to learn. there is no way in hell that normal people stay after the trial no way no way. iots too divisive and hard

16. KeithH

KeithH Senior Member

go fight for the 5k people that are as smart as u all. good luck. while other programs teach.

17. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Seriously sit with one of your parts and go through the steps I outlined.

18. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Thread closed.

simonb65, oldfox and TimoCAD like this.
Not open for further replies.