1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 22 - Final Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

I've updated https://www.alibre.com/version22/ to include everything slated to be in the release. A lot has been added to the Other Enhancements & Bug Fixes section. Check it out.

Mika, IonSteve, GIOV and 4 others like this.
  2. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Sketch Snapping is so good thing. Thanks. (I hope it's included in Legacy Display)
    Traceable image needs to have more explanation. (if the reference image is no horizontal it's not exact apply degree of rotation, needs a point of reference.)
    GIOV

3. Hunter

Hunter Senior Member

Looking forward to the release, looks like a lot of work went into it. Appreciate all the bug fixes and tweaks!

4. Max

Sketch Snapping UI is only available in the regular Display, not legacy display. It uses features of the new display pipeline. Why, out of curiosity, are you still using the legacy display pipeline?

Tracing Images - you need to have reasonable images to start with that make sense for your design. You can rotate, translate, and flip images, but no amount of that is going to compensate for bad images or taking images at bizarre angles that aren't inherently reasonable for this tool.

5. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Because my machine run so slow with the new pipeline.
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name xxxxxxxxx
    System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    System Model Satellite L500
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA V1.80, 10/28/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\windows
    System Directory C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Canada
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24387"
    User Name xxxxxxxxx
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.84 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.28 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.68 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.35 GB
    Page File Space 3.84 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    As you see my machine run good with the old pipeline In the near future I will try to have a better one.
    I understand, so I need know well this feature for see its real benefits for me. Some time I do a pictures with a measure tape of one element so I need re-scale and rotate it for do a correct and precise drawing. (Rhinoceros have a good tools for this based in reference points. I do like AD got over it in this.)
    Thanks very much Max for your answer.
    GIOV

6. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Well, I tried to used again the new pipeline and is not reliable in my machine so for now legacy one... I will sent to support an example model with feature shell & cut view issues.
    Regards,
    GIOV

7. Max

Check the bug fix section of v22 - those issues may be resolved.

8. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Thanks Max, I'll check it out.
    GIOV