1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 beta Nov-12-2017 available now

Discussion in '3rd Party Add-ons' started by JL82, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JL82

JL82 Senior Member

bigseb likes this.
  2. simonb65

simonb65 Senior Member

I only bought a new v3 license last week !!!! :(

3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Ouch. I almost upgraded to V3 last week too... but now I think I'll wait til the official V4 release...

On the plus side you do get the play with V4 til the end of the beta phase... iirc the V3 beta lasted almost a year...

4. JL82

JL82 Senior Member

Yes, I also bought it last week. I think V4 (no beta) will release end of the year 2018. Only V3 users can download V4 beta.

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Thats correct that only V3 user can download the V4 beta. But as I say, the beta period was very long for V3 so I expect it to be similar for the V4 beta. After that the upgrade to V4 will only cost $100 so its not too bad.

6. simonb65

simonb65 Senior Member

First impressions of the v4 beta is that its exactly the same functionality as v3 but just re-written to use a 64bit core! Can't see any dimensioning as previously discussed!! So if this is the v4 that will be fully released in the next 12 months, I won't be upgrading. Haven't found a 'whats new' yet but would be nice to see one.

7. JL82

JL82 Senior Member

New functionalities will be coming next V4 beta according to Moi3d forum and Michael Gibson.

simonb65 likes this.