1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V22 - very slow refresh rate in sketching mode

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by juhaszzs, Oct 16, 2020.

1. juhaszzs

juhaszzs New Member

Is anybody have same issue?

3D mode is working fast but when I want to create a sketch the refresh rate is very slow. Is there any setting what I need to switch on or off?

I think this is not hardware problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
    Memory: 8192 MB

NVIDIA GeForce MX130
    1920 x 1080
    Memory: 4166 MB

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Not unique to v22 - complex sketches will cause things to bog down. Don't know if that applies in your case...

3. juhaszzs

juhaszzs New Member

Not necessary a complex thing a simple line drawing is slow too.

4. sbeamers

sbeamers Member

I've been having the same issue with sketch mode.

Any ideas on how to speed things up?

5. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

I have seen an issue with my 3dconnexion Space Navigator (now obsoleted and replaced by SpaceMouse) that occasionally, while in a sketch, becomes very, very slow and jumpy while attempting to move or rotate the view. And I don't have complex sketches. This may happen whether editing a single part or if editing a part from an assembly in a new window. The only solution I've found so far is to shut down and restart Alibre, but that sometimes won't resolve the issue. Eventually it returns to normal.

I have also noticed a marked difference if I have Ambient Occlusion turned on or off. With AO on sketching is definitely slower so I opted to turn it off.

sbeamers likes this.
  6. sbeamers

sbeamers Member

Thanks for the tip HaroldL. I'll check AO next time I see this happen.