1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v21 is now live

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max, Apr 15, 2020.

1. JST

JST Alibre Super User

So, I updated, and it was almost trouble-free and error free.

The installer did NOT put it on the taskbar as requested. Actually it DID, but then after closing that item would not work, and Windows automatically deleted it. Easily fixed.

My toolbar selection came through OK this time, unlike last time. No major disruptions observed.

I DO NOT SEE the "window clipping" that was mentioned elsewhere. At least, if it is present, it is not removing anything useful, no button, icon, etc appears to be reduced in size in any way.

Will probably be weeks before I have exercised most features, so no clue on most yet. But nothing standard has failed so far.

Still only using it on copies of the projects, but nothing jumps out at me. No problems opening the biggest projects, no odd display issues

Have not looked to see if the constraints menu can be made to come up to selectable default settings, I hope that is the case.

Nice to have an "undo" on the same constraint pop-up, that saves a lot of "tap dancing centipede action".

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. oldfox

oldfox Alibre Super User

Installed... Running... No Issues !!!

Hats off and a big "well done" to Alibre crew and their leader, Mr. Max.;)

3. KMoffett

KMoffett Senior Member

Tried to upgrade from V19 to V21 via the "Utilities" and "Check for updates". Looked like it was starting to work, then it errored, saying that it needed to be to run as administrator (not a quote, did not do a screen print). There was no option to select administrator. I then downloaded the install file from Alibre's web page, and was able to select "Run as administrator" for that file in the Download direcrory list. That worked.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  4. mregnier

mregnier Member

Really enjoying the upgrade. Thank you!

5. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I really like the thicker highlights for mouse over. It makes things so much easier to select.

TimoCAD, simonb65 and Mika like this.
  6. Sturmer

Sturmer Senior Member

Great work!! ;) Love the new constrain features a lot!

Keep the good work!

7. BrianE.Evans

BrianE.Evans Senior Member

I am having trouble adapting to the new constraint feature, parts tend to explode as the new constraint is added , if you anchor them, then the constraint over defined flag comes up. Checking the instructions , they are for the old constraints which I liked.

8. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Check to see if Minimum Motion Mode is selected in the Tool menu. If it isn't, select it and see if that makes a difference.

o_O Where are you looking for the instructions? The Help has all the new constraints in it.

New Constraint Help.png

9. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The overconstrained will always come on for an anchored part. Not for a constrained part. But anchoring is lots easier to do, and to undo, so I do that also, and just ignore the overconstrained errors.

Usually, once you have a few constraints between parts of an assembly, it will no longer fly around in response to each new constraint, so you may be able to remove the "anchor".