1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Gallery Limits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HaroldL, Dec 30, 2019.

1. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Max,

What are the limits to file size, etc., when uploading the User Gallery? I tried to create a new album and was warned that I'd reached my limit.o_O:confused: I can not find if they are posted anywhere, other than the error/warning message I got. It would be nice to know this from the start. Does that mean that in order to add more images to your albums you need to delete a previous upload?

(I had this posted on the New Features Overview section but thought I'd repost here to see if it got an more attention.)

2. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

I got a 15 image per album limit.

3. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Max image size is 10MB, though I should lower that.

Max total upload per user into their galleries was 50MB, I have changed it to 100MB.

Max images you can upload at a time was 10, changed to 15.

4. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Thanks Max,
    Sooo...given the limit on image size it may be better to not upload any hi-res images and just stick to something in the 640x400 or 800x600 range. OR plan on a "remove and replace" maintenance plan for your gallery if you upload large images.

5. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

"640x400 or 800x600 range"

No, please no!

I would say don't upload unnecessarily large images, for example 9000x4000 renders - resize them to a max of 3840x2160 (4k). A 4K JPG is probably under 1 MB. Most people won't run into the limit - if you do just hit me up and I will up your limit. Don't want any upload throttling of cool stuff!