1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to 'Publish to PDF' from 2D drawings

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by CarlP, Sep 9, 2019.

1. CarlP

CarlP New Member

Good day,

I'm unable to create a PDF file of a 2D drawing. 3D works, but not 2D. I'm also able to print the 2D onto paper, but again, not a PDF.
    My version is 2017.1.2 and have never been able to do this in this version. My previous version was a 2011? and I was able to Publish to PDF with that, at least for a while.
    When I clicked Publish to PDF, Alibre suggested I install PDFill Writer which I did, but still no luck. Does this sound like an Alibre issue, or something else in my computer / settings? Any ideas?
    (BTW I'm a very light user, so your replies may have to be on a Gr 3 level... :D)

Thanks for your time!

2. Jimpulse

Jimpulse Senior Member

When you are creating a PDF without 3D content, Instead of running "Publish to PDF", Try issuing the Print command. (Most PDF generator operates like a virtual printer.) From the drawing editor select PRINT and then select PDFill as the printer instead of your physical printer. If PDFill is not available from the Print function, then I would suspect that the problem lies there.

I don't have any specific experience with PDFill, but PDFCreator and PDFFactory seem to work fine for me.

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

CutePDF is good for 2D too, using the Print command.