1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to create correct STL (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kunstmaan, May 18, 2020.

  1. Kunstmaan

    Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

    For some days now I am trying to create a STL for 3D printing from the attached model.
    It somehow creates a error whilst loading it into a stl viewer.
    Using version 2018 could someone create a STL using the latest version??

    Thanks

    Berdien-Mareike
     

    Attached Files:

  2. anson

    anson Member

  3. Kunstmaan

    Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

    Hi Anson,

    If Iclick on the link getting a large page create a account for a subscription.
    Why not place it on dropbox?? becourse i dont want a new subscribtion for something I dont use

    How large is the file anyway??

    Berdien
     
  4. anson

    anson Member

  5. Kunstmaan

    Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

    That worked. But there must be something wrong with the design.
    Your STL creates the same error
     
  6. Kunstmaan

    Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

    As producing a stl keeps giving problems I broke down the desing in several parts.
    Trying to make a boolean from this it failed.

    could someone have a look and maybe tell me whats wrong.

    Berdien
     

    Attached Files:

  7. bigseb

    bigseb Alibre Super User

    Perhaps its the viewer. Have you tried importing it into the slicer?
     
  8. Kunstmaan

    Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

    LS,

    My default viewer is Accutrans but I also tried ABviewer and STLview.
    All more or lesthe same result.

    Berdien
     
  9. DavidJ

    DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

    An awful lot of problems with STL files relate to the export settings in Alibre - a small change in Normal Deviation, or enabling one of the other parameters can make a huge difference. The most successful values will vary a lot between models. For your model I was able to use a large normal deviation without a huge penalty. I also enabled surface deviation. It opens fine in Paint3D, 3D Builder, and Print 3D.

    Further experimentation might further optimise file size. I don't export STL very often, so my settings are probably way from optimal.
     

    Attached Files:

Share This Page