1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thicker display for selected edges

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Hunter, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Hunter

Hunter Member

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the thickness of selected edges of a part? I find it hard to see the edges I selected, or perhaps I'm just expecting it to be a bit thicker (used to other software).

Can't find a setting in the software options to change this...

Thanks,
    William

cadtec likes this.
  2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

No - but you can change the colour for selected items (in colour scheme), perhaps to something offering more contrast.

3. Hunter

Hunter Member

Thanks. I've tried different colors, it's a bit better, but not perfect. Ideally I would like to see it as thick as a sketch entity.

Can one put this in as a future option, assuming it is possible to code this?

4. Hunter

Hunter Member

Compare for example the below two picture, that's what I would like. But OK, it is not possible, thanks.

upload_2019-12-1_11-50-20.png
    upload_2019-12-1_11-52-22.png

cadtec, PPi, TimoCAD and 3 others like this.
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

This has been logged as an enhancement request (also tied to some other changes that would interact with this behaviour). That is not a guarantee that it will happen - but it has not been rejected, and is on the list for possible inclusion at some future point.

6. Hunter

Hunter Member

That's great to hear, I hope it makes it. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

High likelihood it will - as screens res up picking fine details becomes more challenging and the problem will only grow over time unless something is done.

cadtec, simonb65, NateLiqGrav and 2 others like this.
  8. Hunter

Hunter Member

Thanks. Must say, refreshing to see the CEO of a company responding to forum posts!

simonb65 likes this.