1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweep / Loft ?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by PaulProe, Oct 11, 2019 at 5:45 PM.

1. PaulProe

PaulProe Senior Member

I am trying to draw a fiberglassed duct adapter and having issues. Can't get it to sweep or loft.

I've attached my drawing along with a picture of the completed part.

Every time I try to loft the two faces together, I get an error message: ACISERROR_FACE_WITH_MULTIPLE_LOOPS: Face with multiple loops is not suitable for Loft. Make sketch for the loop you want to loft and then loft.

Did a search of the forum and found a couple hits on the error and on the issue, but none of the solutions seemed to work (or make sense - lot of comments about how poorly Alibre handles this function)

If I don't use the guide curve, the two sketches will loft but that isn't the shape I am after. Adding the curve seems to be the issue.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Or is it a bug in the program

Thanks

Paul

Attached Files:

MKR likes this.
  2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

You are trying to do a centerline loft, which isn't supported super well right now. Usually, your guide curves would need to touch each profile, like this:

upload_2019-10-11_18-5-57.png

But, you can select the Guide Curve type Tangent:
    upload_2019-10-11_18-21-22.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 6:21 PM
    MKR likes this.