1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for Holes/Points Constraints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Werbel Microwave LLC, Apr 1, 2021.

1. As a user since 2013 I am a huge fan and would like to make a suggestion to the development team.

Points for holes should have the color-coding for constraints like lines.

Currently, points always appear black, no matter if they are constrained or not.

We had a project that had some holes that appeared to be in-line with each other. They were constrained horizontally but were not fully constrained vertically. As a result the holes were .033'' off from where they should have been.

I am not blaming Alibre for this. We should have caught it. But it would have stood out more if the points were color coded.

jduran02 and Nick952 like this.
  2. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

That's a good point (no pun intended). You should also note the constraint icons for both vertical and horizontal constraints in the sketch.

It's best to turn in a ticket to Support for suggestions. Just because they are on the forum and some one from Alibre may read them doesn't mean they will be logged as they would if submitted to support.

You might also post suggestions in the Feedback section.

3. Thanks. Will do!

4. Hunter

Hunter Senior Member

This has happened to me too, I fortunately noticed that some of my points were not constrained. I've been meaning to create a ticket for this issue...

5. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

That's a good idea, thanks for suggesting. I'll add to the list. I'm wondering if we might have to change or tweak point visibility to make it useful, but it's definitely worth considering.

VoltsAndBolts likes this.