1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-Assemblies in BOM

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Mika, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Mika

Mika Member

Hey.

beginner question, but how to show only "first level" parts, just like sub-assemblies in a BOM?

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

In design properties of the sub-assembly, check the 'treat as part in BoM' box.

Mika likes this.
  3. Mika

Mika Member

Works fine. Thank you. :)

4. Mika

Mika Member

Hey. Is there a same kind of possibility for different configuratuons of One part? Different configurations would ne nice to see on a different BOM lines.

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Configurations are supported in AD Expert. If different configurations are used in an assembly, AND you add a column to the BoM to display either 'Configuration Name' OR 'Part-Configuration Name' then the number of rows will expand such that each configuration used gets its own line in the BoM.
    ConfigsBOM.jpg

Mika likes this.
  6. Mika

Mika Member

Few things more and my drawings start to be just as I want to.
    1. How to anchor bom list on the drawing board corner?
    2. How to get assembly total weight on the drawing? (I made my own drawing template, but I didn't found the weight "property value".)

7. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

I always just got it close and then zoomed waaaaaaaay in on the print to move it to the final location :rolleyes:

8. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Although I would like the "'Treat as Part in BoM" to be a default setting rather tha something I turn ON in every Assembly as , with almost zero exceptions the components of an Assembly are defined in the Assembly's Drawing. -- Lew

9. Mika

Mika Member

I need main assy weight on the title block. Bom-list sub-assemblies weights are show’n ok on the bom-list lines.

10. Mika

Mika Member

Weight needed in the ”property values”.

Attached Files:

11. Lew_Merrick

My argument is that all such values should be accessible through the Equation Editor Values for accessibility and applicable anywhere in either Design Modeling or Drafting. -- Lew

Mika likes this.
  12. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Mika,

something like this:
    upload_2019-8-6_17-17-56.png

It's a "one column one row custom bom" ...

Regards
    Stefan

13. Mika

Mika Member

Stefan that looks ok, but can I still have normal assembly parts list on the drawing? Two Boms in same drawing?

14. Lew_Merrick

Stefan -- At least here in the U.S. the "Total Weight" value is part of (usually Sheet 1) Title Block entries. -- And then for my weirdie, why not allow weight to be measured in grains, picograms, etc. rather than limiting it to lbs and (incorrectly) kg/gr? And, while off on this tangent, why not allow (say) furlongs and cubits for distance? [Back in the dark ages I had to rework an "engineering analysis" where speed was listed in furlongs per fortnight.]

15. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Mika,
    like this:
    upload_2019-8-6_22-0-12.png

The "big bom": export bom as *.csv -> import as table
    The weight same as last time...

Regards
    Stefan

16. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Lew,
    as well as i'm not the one to ask for this
    it might be the same reason why we here in german do not have the possibility to choose Schiffzentner, Neulot, Skrupel or Korn...
    Regards
    Stefan

TimoCAD likes this.
  17. Lew_Merrick

Ah, kgf, right? -- Lew

18. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

The heavy metal band?

;)