1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STL export fails

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by KurtFinnie, Jun 24, 2020.

1. KurtFinnie

KurtFinnie New Member

I recently returned to Alibre... and am using the current version of Expert on a Dell XPS13.

I accepted the System Options for STL without making any changes.
    I drew a simple cube and exported to STL. An STL window appeared to the right (with all of my previous settings intact)
    but when I continued downward, the window ends just below Show Options on Export. Just a little bit of a box appears below that. I can't scroll down further and I have been unsuccessful reducing the size of the screen.

What's in the box? Any ideas on how to proceed?

2. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

3. KurtFinnie

KurtFinnie New Member

stl screen.jpg

Attached Files:

4. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

That's all there is. Your scrollbar is already at its lowest.

Capture.JPG

5. KurtFinnie

KurtFinnie New Member

I am at the bottom of the screen and Ctrl- does not reduce the image size. So what is in that box that I cannot see?

I have found a work-around. I made an assumption that there are only two options in the box, and the non-default option is Create STL or something like that, so I clicked on the box, then pressed Tab and Enter, and the STL file was created.

6. Hunter

Hunter Senior Member

Have you tried to resize the window with the mouse pointer, and then use the scroll bars to see the whole dialog?
    upload_2020-6-25_15-45-17.png

7. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello @KurtFinnie ,
    Have you tried to drag your taskbar to one side (left or ride) or to choose hide automatically from the taskbar preferences?
    Have you tried to change your screen resolution for a while...?
    Regards
    Stefan

8. BobSchaefer

BobSchaefer Member

I think what some of you missed, its not the options that he can't see. Its the Ok and Cancel buttons he can't see. Now, @Hunter and @idslk I think got that, the problem is the default size of the dialog box had it wander off the bottom of his screen. So, what they suggested are the better answers, resize the window, since I'm assuming he's working directly on the laptop and its built in screen and not an external screen attached to the laptop which may have the option for higher resolution.