1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some features ghosted

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by delboy, Oct 15, 2020.

1. delboy

delboy Member

Perhaps some kind soul can steer me in the right direction. I have updated to V22 but there are certain functions that are ghosted out and I cannot seem to fire them up. I possibly will not have the need for them but I would like to know how they work.
    The areas that are ghosted are:-
    On the View Tab Ambient Light, Ground Shadow Model Shadow Ground Reflection. Also, the threads show only NON and the toggle View Cube is also ghosted.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. No doubt one of these subtle things that are right under my nose but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance

Delboy.

2. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

Do you have Legacy graphics switched on?
    upload_2020-10-16_14-21-7.png

3. delboy

delboy Member

Thanks for that albie0803 Yes I did unchecked the box and BINGO everything has fired up correctly. Thanks Mate.
    Regards
    Delboy.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

One for @Max , can the tooltip for features that specifically require HOOPs, and have their buttons greyed out, be dynamically changed to say something like "Requires HOOPs, please disable 'Use Legacy Graphics' in System Options->Display". At least give the user a clue why things are not available.

NateLiqGrav likes this.
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

That won't be an issue when Legacy Graphics gets removed, which will happen.

Legacy graphics support is a stop-gap measure;
    1. Whilst the HOOPS integration is fully matured, and issues with it are resolved.
    2. To give users with older hardware time to update.
    Adding such a message makes some sense, but it would divert effort from other improvements and bug fixes..

We need to be finding out remaining reasons why anyone still finds it necessary to use Legacy Graphics.

simonb65 likes this.
  6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Absolutely!