1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Applied Constraints icons do not match color set in Options

Discussion in 'v22 Beta' started by NateLiqGrav, Sep 12, 2020.

1. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Some of the applied Constraints icons do not match color set in Options. I don't know if this exists in previous versions. As far as I can tell the color is determined the first time the constraint icon is generated in memory so any subsequent icons of that same constraint type get that color.

I've submitted a beta ticket.

Setup:
    Each example is starting from a new part immediately after starting Alibre Design.
    OPTION COLOR = Color selected for Constraints and Reference Figures in the options as show below.
    upload_2020-9-12_22-20-16.png

Example:
    1. Disable Perpendicular in Constraint Inferencing of the Snap and Constraints Settings.
    2. Draw a line at an arbitrary angle (but not horizontal or vertical)
    3. Start drawing a line perpendicular to the first line and Alibre Design will not automatically apply perpendicular but when applicable it will still suggest it in a GRAY (correctly) preview.
    4. Hold shift to override and click to create the line with the perpendicular constraint. The constraint icon now applied to the sketch will be GRAY (incorrectly) and any subsequent perpendicular constraints intentionally placed (with the perpendicular tool) will be GRAY (incorrectly).
    5. Enable Perpendicular in Constraint Inferencing of the Snap and Constraints Settings.
    6. Start drawing a line perpendicular to the first line and Alibre Design will automatically suggests and apply perpendicular when applicable but it is still previewed in GRAY (incorrectly).
    Here are my results - I added other figures and constraints to show what color they were added.
    upload_2020-9-12_22-33-34.png

Example:
    1. Enable Perpendicular in Constraint Inferencing of the Snap and Constraints Settings.
    2. Draw a line at an arbitrary angle (but not horizontal or vertical)
    3. Start drawing a line perpendicular to the first line and Alibre Design will automatically suggests and apply perpendicular when applicable and preview it in LIGHT BLUE (correctly?).
    4. Click to create the line with the perpendicular constraint. The constraint icon now applied to the sketch will be OPTION COLOR (correctly) and any subsequent perpendicular constraints intentionally placed (with the perpendicular tool) will be OPTION COLOR (correctly).
    5. Disable Perpendicular in Constraint Inferencing of the Snap and Constraints Settings.
    6. Start drawing a line perpendicular to the first line and Alibre Design will not automatically apply perpendicular but when applicable it will still suggest it in a OPTION COLOR(incorrectly) preview.
    My results not shown (only the preview would be wrong)

Example:
    1. Download and open the attached part file.
    2. Edit the sketch.
    3. Apply all the different constraints one at a time and change the OPTIONS COLOR between each.
    4. Exit the sketch.
    5. Edit the sketch again - multiple colors remain.
    My results:
    upload_2020-9-12_22-51-42.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020