1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Tweak for future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfleming, Jul 1, 2020.

1. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

So when you go to the list of recently opened files, if it has a long file name, you have no way of knowing if you're on the .AD_PRT or .AD_DWG file to pick it? Granted you can just go back and open the correct one if you choose the wrong one, but it shouldn't be a guessing game. Hovering over it could maybe reveal the full part name? Or have the window expand wider to show whatever the maximum length of file names are in the list? SO that they aren't cut off?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

A while back when the Home Window was introduced, I suggested adding an icon in the corner of the preview window to indicate what type of file it was, i.e. Part, Assembly, Sheet Metal, Drawing, etc.

TimoCAD and albie0803 like this.
  3. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

+1 This would be really handy.

4. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Expanding the list to include the entire file name would be nice. At the very least add its icon for a visual cue.

5. simonb65

Or add a full width status bar at the base of the home window which shows the full path when you hover over a preview window or a tooltip showing the full path.

6. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

Ooo, my hardware library would make some issues out of that :D

Just saying...

Untitled.png

7. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Not what was asked for - but for those not aware, a right click on the recent item preview opens the folder where the file is stored, and has that file selected. Slightly quicker than opening the file if you need to check.

8. simonb65

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020