1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sketch Restrictions/Constraints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wade Waterman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Wade Waterman

Wade Waterman Member

Hi
    I have just finished fixing a part that I had drawn where I had some figures drawn skewed by the tiniest amount. I hadn't noticed, extruded it and carried on. When I added the part to the assembly and started adding constraints everything started locking up. I found it but wondered if anyone else has had this issue. Like I say it was off just the tiniest amount so not at all obvious. I have had trouble when I think I have started a line let's say at the origin and it turns out that I was off by .001"! Trimming figures to final shapes catches it sometimes but I wondered if others out there have their ways of eliminating these problems. I can't see where there is a way to limit drawing lines to vertical or horizontal or confirming that snaps occur. Thank you for your thoughts.

Wade

2. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

This is why I always work with the unit precision set to 6 places (.000000), otherwise you get caught up in little discrepancies and rounding errors that result in hard-to-find headaches like this.

Untitled.png