1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sketch mode font size

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by tk1247, Nov 19, 2020.

1. tk1247

tk1247 Member

This may have been covered elsewhere, and if so, I apologize, but I couldn't find a reference.
    I am running v22, and I started a sketch with a rectangle that I roughed out small, then scaled much larger by dimensioning it. When I initially placed the dimensions on the small rectangle, they were a good readable size, looking at the corner of the now much larger rectangle. When I "zoomed to fit" to see the entire rectangle, the dimensions seemed to stay scaled to the smaller shape, and were so small as to be unreadable. I had to go into properties and make the font much larger to see them.
    My question is: Is this normal behavior or is there a way to set the dimension scaling so that it changes proportional to the scaling of the shape dimensioned, such as when you change size, or zoom out?

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

That sounds like you are working in a drawing. Are you in a drawing or a 3d workspace?

3. Dave Machock

Dave Machock Member

I have the same issue. It is in part space not drawing. I just ended up changing the font size.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I raised this (and a support ticket) during v22 Beta. Not sure if it got fixed, but I haven't seen it since v22 was released, so it may be something that needs initialising and once done, doesn't show again!

Here is the original post where I pointed it out ... Legacy vs new display?

5. tk1247

tk1247 Member

My issue sounds like the exact one you reported......."Dimension fonts aren't scaled correctly when resizing the application window". Has it not been fixed, or do I have to set something to fix it? I have just installed the latest update to v22 service pack 1 (build 22053). It definitely occurs while sketching not creating a drawing, and occurs when I zoom to fit on a larger created item.

6. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I did have that in beta too but switching legacy on/off a few times or restarting the pc 'fixed' it too.

7. tk1247

tk1247 Member

Nate, I did as you suggested.....restarted pc.....and it seems to have fixed it. A bit disconcerting that we actually have to do that though. Hope it doesn't come back.

8. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I suspect that it uses variables from the user profile that aren't initialised (i.e. junk) until you actually set them (i.e. no sensible default value assumed and saved if you haven't set one). Explains why it was seen by a few of us and once your set or save back to the user profile it actually stores a good value and the issue magically disappears!