1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sketch during section view

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrysonWhiteDesign, Nov 15, 2020.

1. I cannot understand the logic behind the features (or lack thereof) within this program.

I'm trying to draw a sketch within a part, but I need to be in a section view. I can turn on the section view that I need, then enter the sketch, but the section view automatically turns off. Is this another situation where Alibre thinks it knows better than I do what I need? Or is there a way to make a sketch while a section view is turned on?

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Are you using the dynamic section views or the precise section view?

3. I guess it was dynamic. I found the precise section view. Thanks.
    Now how do I turn it back off?

4. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

Right click on the section view in the design explorer.

5. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Dynamic section views work on the "graphics" side - they are super fast, but not as precise as the other kind. They work on the triangles of the model used for visualization, not the actual math-based geometry that you create. As such, during a realtime section view you don't have access to any tools that rely on the math, for lack of a better analogy. Precise section views use the modeling kernel to create "exact" section views based on the mathematical model of the part and as such as suitable for sketching.

6. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Yes, as true feature and not graphic cosmetic one. Also the project to Sketch on precise view are no able to maintain association to source entity.
    upload_2020-11-16_21-38-15.png