1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheet number

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by JL82, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JL82

JL82 Senior Member

I want to use a sheet number on a drawings but it is only English. The default setting is "1 of 1". Can user change a text of sheet number from "1 of 1" to for example "1 / 1"?

Attached Files:

2. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Taking a guess here but wouldn't that automatically be in the language your system is set to?

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Interesting question - I thought the 'OF' would be part of the drawing template, but it isn't. So must form part of the Sheet Number property, and as Seb suggests be 'tweaked' to suit language locale.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Would be better and more flexable to the end user if there were 2 properties available .... %SHEET_NUMBER% and %TOTAL_SHEETS%, then you can format (or set your own wording and language) to your hearts desire in the sheet template !!

TimoCAD likes this.
  5. PPi

PPi Member

Bringing up an old topic, but I think we are still stuck on using "OF" as a separator? I'd like to have this changed finally so I could have this automated...

Better yet, it would be great to have a way to assemble together drawings of different parts into one big file. This way it would be faster to load a part of the documentation for an update and each part would have its own total page count when a single page isn't enough to describe the part. I find my workflow still too prone for human errors and would like to have more automation involved in process.

6. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

My "argument" is that we need a "Total Sheets" value that we can place wherever appropriate in our Drawing set.

bigseb, swertel and simonb65 like this.
  7. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

So there is no way to auto populate a Sheet X of XX field in the templates as new sheets are added to the "drawing"

8. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Yes - but not to customise the format.