1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Export file type default

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by 3DPrince, Oct 16, 2020.

1. 3DPrince

3DPrince New Member

I am new to Atom 3D (V22)...
    Every time I "Export" the finished part, it always comes up to export as ".stp" and then I have to scroll down to the bottom of the file types to select ".stl"

It would nice if I could set this somehow to ".stl" as the default.

Could this be done in settings? - I have search Settings and cannot find an option for this. If there is, please let me know.

The other way to fix this is for the program to remember the last Export file type selected, and then use that each time as the default.

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

It should already remember the last used export type - this was added relatively recently.

As far as I can tell, that is probably saved in your User Profile - you could try re-setting that (in case it is damaged) - but be aware' you'll have to re-establish any preference settings. There's a link to re-set your user profile on the Utilities Tab of the Home Window.

3. 3DPrince

3DPrince New Member

Hi DavidJ,
    I reset my user profile,as you suggested, and now the export has defaulted to .stl

Thank you for the quick fix.

Eric