1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Script Release: Project Links

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by NateLiqGrav, May 22, 2019.

1. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

As promised Project Links:

Project_Links.png

This lets you embed links to additional files right into your Alibre Parts and Assemblies.

Please let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

idslk, ajayre and albie0803 like this.
  2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

Seems to work OK. I did find filling in the information for link a bit tedious - couldn't see any simple cut/paste method to fill in the file path/name in one step (had to copy folder name from file properties, or file explorer address bar, then copy name from properties and manually add '/').

Creating as shortcut, then copying from properties of that worked, but required some editing. Again a a multi-step process.

I must be missing some simple method.

3. idslk

idslk Senior Member

Hello Nate,
    NICE work ;-)

Hello David,
    i missed (or maybe did not found?) that too...
    maybe the appended script could be added

upload_2019-5-23_10-7-24.png

upload_2019-5-23_10-7-50.png

upload_2019-5-23_10-8-3.png

Not the best, but you don't need your keyboard...

Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files:

4. NateLiqGrav

Copy directly in grid works, paste directly in grid was giving me trouble so I removed it last minute. I'm planning to fix it and add it back in. Until then - paste only works when editing.

Holding shift and Right clicking on a file in Windows Explorer will let you Copy as Path. it wraps the full file path in quotation marks. The quotes currently need to be removed. That will save you some time though.

I couldn't figure a simple way to pick links. I want to support links to directories, links to files, and URLs. I'll figure something better out. Either way - right now it's no more difficult than adding links to a spreadsheet.

5. idslk

idslk Senior Member

Hello Nate,
    for this the Get_File_Link.py works, give it a try...

Edit:
    I've added a simple Sring input for the URL. With this you can do a copy and paste and you'll get a string to use in the list...
    upload_2019-5-23_13-53-6.png

upload_2019-5-23_13-53-31.png

as long as there's nothing better...

Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

Nate thanks for the 'copy as path' hint - often stuff hidden in Windows that you'd never find. That certainly reduces the effort. I guess making something very flexible, and quick to use is a challenge...

7. NateLiqGrav

Once I get clipboard paste to work I will try making drag-n-drop work with the files/folders/URL as well.