1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

script for creating geodetic parabolic disch

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by Kunstmaan, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Kunstmaan

Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

I need some guidance on how to create a parabolic dish sing alibre script.

Looking for a ols Wizo script but not able to find it

Mareike

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

3. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Mareike,
    you've asked this before...and i haven't seen new things here in the forum:oops:
    Myself has not done such a dome. The nearest from my side wasthis...
    Maybe you try to search for "Professional Dome Plans -- Building geodesic domes made easy."
    It sounds like a joke, but there you should find a lot of Infos...
    Regards
    Stefan

4. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Hi Mareike -- A "geodesic" won't be much of a paraabola (except in the grossest of terms). A tue parabola has the (general) equation of X, AX²+B. Figuring out what your needed values of "A" and "B" will be the hardest part of the problem. Turning the resulting parabola into a "Geodesic" depends on the required overall accuracy. ??? -- Lew

Kunstmaan likes this.
  5. Kunstmaan

Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

On the 'old' WIZO script website there was a paraboluic script and that is where I am looking for

6. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

7. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

8. Lew_Merrick

Hi Stefan -- Either of your references get a parabola drawn -- but turnung it into a geodesic is a different issue. -- Lew

9. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Hello Lew,

you can trust me, i really know that, but i only want to point that you both have been disscussing about parabolic splines...
    and there is also this thread Look here :)
    and you have also been involved there too...
    and therefor i have recommended to search for
    Regards
    Stefan

10. Lew_Merrick

Hi Stephan -- I admit that I often complain about the "inaccuracies" implicit in using a nominal cubic spline to approximate a (say) parabolic or (say) involute entity. A Wronskian curve creates a "better fit" for many such entities. This is a different (and much more complicated discussion) than answering Mareike's question. -- Lew