1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved thread (for Admin)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kunstmaan, May 21, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

1. Kunstmaan

Kunstmaan Alibre Super User

I am not able to mark threads I started 'solved'
    suggestions???

2. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

Hello Kunstmann,

What I always do is edit the thread and then change the title. I would just add (Solved) to the title to problems others helped me solve. I don't know if there is a way to mark it solved other than doing it by changing the title. Hope this helps or someone with more knowledge can give some insight.

Best of luck,
    Jake

3. Kunstmaan

Are you changing the first or last message in a threat??

4. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

So on a thread you've created there is a button called "Thread Tools". This is above the first post of a thread on the right. If you click that button and then click "Edit Title" you should be able to add (Solved) to it.

In a related note I do see the yellow button that says "Mark Resolved" , and it appears to only be clickable by admins, I tried clicking it and I get a red warning popup. Maybe one of them could give some insight to if that button should be usable by the thread creator.

Best,
    Jake

5. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

From a previous discussion on the subject ...

upload_2020-5-22_14-44-52.png

6. Kunstmaan

Hi Jake,

IOn clicking this button getting this message : You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

7. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

Hello Kunstmaan,

So I am attaching a similar image to what Simon posted. I highlighted what to click in yellow; "Thread Tools" drop down menu, then "Edit Title". This will allow you to change the title of your threads and then you can add (Solved) however you want to show its solved. Then you accept the change to the title and it will be reflected on any thread you deemed resolved.

Also in the picture you can see the Orange Button, "Mark Resolved", this button you can't click because the error comes up. I don't know why the button is there if it isn't clickable, as it has caused me and others unnecessary confusion.

I hope this helps you!

Best regards,
    Jake

Attached Files:

8. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

The "Mark Resolved" button does not work! Max explained the reason why it's not used in a previous discussion on the same topic. Would have been much better to just remove it to avoid all the confusion!

I also edit the last post in the thread and add the word RESOLVED in bold lettering to stop people from contributing further when the problem has already been answered!

Jake_Steidy likes this.