1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request: Display Dimension contents during mouse hover (tool tip style)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drutort, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

Request: Display Dimension contents during mouse hover in a tool tip style so that you do not have to edit it to see the association/assigned value to it

As the title states, I would like a simple ability to see the value of the dimension (not the numerical value but the name, D1, D15, A2 etc... or it would be a Global parameter.

Right now you have to double click and go into edit of the dimension just to see it or copy it.

Its quite annoying and takes time to track things, those that reuse dimensions would appreciate this for sure, especially when using Global Parameters

Now not everyone might need or like it, so having this option key mapped either toggle or hold a keyboard button and a single press or simply hold and hover over.

Now the tool tip style does show up but only when you are in edit mode (double clicked on the dimension) So that info is already their in the system, its just a matter giving the user that data sooner

(I am sorry if someone had mentioned this in the past which is a very high probability)

2. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Drutort -- Under File Properties->Dimension is an option to "Show Equation." That needs to be activated to see what you wish to see. -- Lew

Drutort likes this.
  3. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

that is great, but its very messy on some parts, and then I lose the actual numerical results in the progress and only see the equation, but with a hover over is IMO the best approach but thank you, now if I could toggle this on/off that would be great, but I have to go the the file properties all the time to toggle it on/off :(

4. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

You should move this post to Max's v23 Request Thread.

5. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

ya I suppose I can go and edit and delete one of the 3 that I have already and put this instead.