1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovering previous save?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by sz0k30, Jan 10, 2021.

1. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Just saved a file that I shouldn't have saved. SO, what are my options if any. Does Alibre keep a certain number of history saves of a file? Where can I find them? If I don't have that feature turned on, can I do that and how?

Not a panic situation, just deleted a feature, but can't delete the sketch? And also can't delete a point & a plane that must have been related to that feature. I hate to have those red X's just floating around in the Design Explorer.

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Alibre does not hold previous versions - unless you are holding designs in M-Files (where you can 'roll-back' to a previous version).

If you can't delete something, it's because something else depends on it. So the sketch that you can't delete may define a Point or Axis (for example) - either of which may have helped to define a plane....

You have to work back through the chain of dependencies in reverse order.

3. ChristianGa

ChristianGa Member

Or replace the reference that prevents deleting the sketch?

4. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Wound up deleting a few features that I didn't really want to delete, but worked my way thru it. Thanks guys.