1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading or Writing XML files in scripts

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by Michel Trahan, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan Member

Is there a way to read or write XML files in python scripts in Alibre Design Expert 2019 ?

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

3. Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan Member

Super cool ! I'll be able to transfer drawing information from Aspire to Alibre ... THANKS !

I'll build an elaborate structure since it will carry many types of information ! But knowing that the full 2.7.7 python library is available makes my day !

4. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I'm interested to see what you make.

Most but not all modules. if it imports it probably works.

5. Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan Member

Will keep you posted on that ;) but since you already work with it makes me confident that it will work !

I fabricate acoustic ceilings with shapes in a criscross pattern ... easy to program it in Aspire to make the toolpaths for the cuts but difficult to see the end results before cutting it and assembling it (say 24 panels ... 12 per axis)... since the acoustic panels cost a lot ... viewing the end results beforehand is needed !

I can save in XML when I program Aspire Gadgets (in lua 5.2) ... so loading it from XML (in python 2.7) was needed to use this path :) I should be there in a week ...

NateLiqGrav likes this.