1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QC drawing

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by drbris2@gmail.com, Oct 22, 2019.

1. I have a molded part that has shrunk in Z less than in x and y . The part is acceptable as molded but I need to change callout dimensions in a drawing for QC without changing the model.
    Anybody know how I can do this??

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

You can override the value of a dimension in a 2d drawing, you can actually type in anything you want. My PC is playing up at the moment - can't do a screen grab to illustrate. Override dimension style for the dimension, Text - check the override text box, type in what ever you want the dimension to say.

3. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

You could override those dimensions that need to be "adjusted" for the shrinkage issue. But keep in mind that when you do override a dimension value Alibre does not apply the underscore that designates an out of scale dimension. You should do that manually.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks David and Harold, now if I could just figure out how to fill in the Title Blocks with dimension tolerances ,rev numbers etc??? And save that as a template so I do not have to do it again? Does not seem to be instructions anywhere

5. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Go to the Alibre Home page and under the Help and Learning section there are some videos like this one on Custom Templates. It should give you some pointers on making your templates.

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member