1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Properly setting up 3d connexion space navigator

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anson, Jan 15, 2020.

1. anson

anson Member

I just got a compact wireless space mouse and an hour of playing with it left me kind of confused. All I can get it to do is zoom and even that is backwards. Is there anyone out there that is professional in this area? If so I would greatly appreciate any help.
    EDIT: I got the zoom to go in the correct direction now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Use the software from 3DConnexion (don't rely on native windows support), import my profile (attached in zip archive) for Alibre as a starting point then adjust to optimise.

Attached Files:

3. anson

anson Member

OK I figured out how to import your profile, but then the mouse does nothing and the settings are all greyed out. Am I still missing something?

4. DavidJ

Not sure - several others have used that settings file. You have to check the box (to left of slider) to be able to use each slider. Slider only un-greys when you click on it.

Properties for the currently 'in focus' application show in the 3DConnexion app - so make sure to have Alibre open.

5. anson

anson Member

Could you post a screenshot of your settings? This is what mine look like

Capture.JPG

6. anson

anson Member

OK it just started working now with the settings in my previous post. I'm not sure what happened but maybe it takes a program restart or something to make the settings apply.

7. DavidJ

Glad it is now working for you.