1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Keyshot

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by MichaeeeL, Jul 26, 2020.

1. MichaeeeL

MichaeeeL Member

Good Morning,
    when I start a new render from Alibre expert, happen that keyshot start in demo mode without possibilities of saving.
    I tried uninstall, remove and apply licence but the problem still stay; moreover I try to uninstall and reinstall also keyshot, same result.
    What can I do to solve?
    p.s: I'm under maintenance

Thank you everyone.

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Keyshot for Alibre relies on the activated version of Alibre Design Expert on the same computer to provide its activation. There is no separate licence.

Are you using the installer from Alibre's download page? Was Alibre installed and activated before installing Keyshot? Have you ever had any other software installed that also has a Keyshot version? Is Alibre installed in other than the default location?

Most likely you don't have the necessary environment variable set up in Windows to 'tell Keyshot where to look for the licence'. See image - if you don't have such an environment variable, create it manually. Make sure that it points to the location where the Alibre Design Expert Program resides.

Attached Files:

3. MichaeeeL

MichaeeeL Member

Thank you for the Answer,
    -I download keyshot from Alibre download page here: https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-downloads/ ;
    -No variation, Alibre was installed and activated before the download of keyshot;
    -no ohter software use keyshot, I discover keyshot thanks to Alibre;
    -I have only one ssd on my PC;

I made your suggestion regards environment variable and it works!
    Thank you so much!

p.s: keyshot said new updates are available; can I do them or not?

All the best,
    Michael

4. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Yes, you should be OK to allow Keyshot to update.

MichaeeeL likes this.