1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Precise Section 2019 build 20050 Issues

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Larry, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Larry

Larry Member

Did read the earlier postings on this subject, but I'm starting a new thread as suggested - if this is still being worked on for a later update, then guess this post can be ignored.

I have one particular part (open rectangular box, i.e. tank) generated in Alibre (not an imported file). Part does have a couple of "shell" transforms. No apparent issues with the part itself, and the the Precise Section listing appears correctly in the Design Explorer. However, the actual section is either not shown or is incorrectly cut. Strangely, editing an existing sketch will allow the sectioning to appear - deactivating sketch removes the sectioning.

2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

This is likely a bug in 20050 that has already been addressed in a live update .

3. Larry

Larry Member

Max, thanks. This issue is still present in 20055. Earlier today I submitted a support ticket including the prt file. The part has two shells - this may be confusing the Precise Section tool. Though it's curious that when a sketch is edited, the correct section then appears.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

I reported a similar issue in the Beta whereby the first time you add a feature, it appeared in the feature tree but nothing happened to the displayed model. It was only when the feature was edited that the model then updated. Maybe related! I have not seen any specific bug fix against this yet ...

Previous post : https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/chamfer-flip.21086/#post-135656

Due to its 'somewhat random nature' and not easily repeatable, I suspect it maybe a race condition between the worker thread doing the geometry and the UI thread that displays that data and the mechanism that informs the other that something has been modified!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:22 PM
  5. Larry

Larry Member

Simon... guess this could be part of the same "bug". However, the issue with the prt file I submitted was quite repeatable - Alibre support was able to replicate it quickly.

6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

As a software developer myself, that's great news.

7. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Note here that more than one shell operation in a part can do weird things mathematically, that are not always visible on screen. Any Shell operation operates on ALL geometry above it in the design explorer - it has no way to know which bits you would like it to ignore.

BUT this case isn't as simple as that, as Larry has hinted, suppressing a feature after the 2 shells can allow precise section to work again for this model (as can suppressing the second shell operation).

simonb65 likes this.