1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to make part dimensions drive description?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by joshua.white, Jun 6, 2019.

1. joshua.white

joshua.white Senior Member

Let's say I had models of a lot of pipes that I already made, and don't have time to totally reinvent my process from the beginning. Let's say I wanted Alibre to help me make a table that combined the diameter of the pipe, and the length of the pipe based on the model dimensions I used to make the model, is that something that can be done without spending a week learning how? Let's say all these parts were made in such a way that D1=82, and represents the length, and D2=1.31, and represents the diameter, could I make a description where I wrote "pipe. L[D1]. D[D2]" and when I put those parts in a BOM, the description would read "pipe, L82, D1.31" with the goal that if tomorrow, I decide the length of the pipe should be 83, and I edited my model to make that so, that if I were to reopen my drawing, and print a new copy, the description, and therefore the BOM would now show the updated length of 83?

2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

MKR likes this.