1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phantom/Ghost dimension appears in drawing

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by wazzu83, Aug 31, 2020.

1. wazzu83

wazzu83 Member

I have never encountered anything like this. For the life of me can't figure out where they originated. They are not selectible and only appear in this drawing view. See attached pdf. There are 3 such dimensions. The easiest to spot is up high in the view, the other two are near the top of the mesh panels. The dimensions are also on a different scale.

No items of the assembly are hidden. This model is the second of 2 configurations. Only 1 Config <1> sub-assembly is "supressed" in favor of the similar sub-assembly in Config <2>.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Hunter

Hunter Senior Member

I had something similar a while ago, was trying to substitute a part with a new part in an existing drawing, to try and save time (not having to do a similar drawing again). Habits from SOLIDWORKS and Inventor days...

In the end I had to do the drawing from scratch in any case, I couldn't get rid of the phantom dimension.

3. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I've seen that before. I remember (or misremember) solving possibly it by moving the view to a different sheet and back or turning off and on that view?

4. JST

JST Alibre Super User

I have seen it, and had to redo the drawing to get rid of it. I MAY have mentioned it here, but probably not.