1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parasolid File Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake_Steidy, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

Hello All,

I am trying to use some Alibre created files with a CFD software. I am encountering problems with the Parasolid files Alibre exports. I wanted to know if anyone had information on what version Parasolid Alibre exports to?

Thanks,
    Jake

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Looking at the schema in an .x_t exported file, I would say that it's either Parasolid v12.1 or v13.2? The PART3; TRANSMIT FILE and SCH tags are different!

Have you tried importing the Alibre file into a separate 3rd Party viewer to see what that does?

Jake_Steidy likes this.
  3. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

I have not tried that yet but I will give it a try Simon! Thanks for the helpful information about the " The PART3; TRANSMIT FILE and SCH tags" being different that should be useful information to support!

Best,
    Jake

4. simonb65

I tried exporting one of my simple models to Parasolid x_t and then open it in a free on-line Parasolid viewer (https://3d-viewers.com/parasolid-viewer.html) and it just comes up blank! So, I suspect something about the export is not right.

Edit: Downloaded a few Parasolid example files and they all work fine with the free viewer above, so it is related to the Alibre exports.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Jake_Steidy likes this.
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Not definitive - but my Parasolid exports from Alibre open fine in eDrawings (from SolidWorks - who use the Parasolid kernel).

6. simonb65

Looks like the HOOPS Exchange (which is what I believe Alibre v2019 onwards uses) file exporter uses v12.1 ...

upload_2020-10-1_16-49-37.png

7. Jake_Steidy

Jake_Steidy Member

Awesome thank you guys for your detective skills! I will definitely relay this to my CFD software support and see what they come up with.

The version my CFD software uses is V33 so it either is a different type of format than parasolid 6,7 or hoops is that far behind in software implementation?

Thanks,
    Jake