1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening start screen - recent files editing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larry, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Larry

Larry Member

Is there a way within the program itself (setting preferences, etc) to remove files from the recent files listing ? It often gets cluttered with no longer used files (same different, save often). This editing can be done through the registry, but I'd just as soon not use this on a regular basis. Thanks.

NigelL likes this.
  2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

I think the idea of pinning files to the list was discussed in the past. Perhaps this would be better than removing files from the list?

3. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Files that are not where the recent files record says they are, do disappear from the list. Other than that, the most recent files stay, so usually there is no issue. If you do a lot of "save as", then yes, the list will have stuff you do not want in it.

I have been known to open and close a file just to move it up the list and get the unwanted things "below it" so they go away first. With big files, that is less useful, of course.

The ability to clear something off, perhaps by an "X" button at the top right of the thumbnail, might be useful.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

+1

anson likes this.