1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old transparency issue apparently back in V22

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JST, Apr 4, 2021.

1. JST

JST Alibre Super User

I have noticed that the transparency issue that was in some prior versions appears to be back in V22. The issue seems to be with models that started life several versions ago.

This particular model is a component of the large facility layout file that I sent in with relation to the improper demand to save the file. The "component model" has not been edited in months, if not longer, so that is not the issue.

It is not the only component model which shows the effect. Many do.

The entire file has been saved, closed, and re-opened. The transparency persisted through the save, close and re-open process.

Whatever the cause is, it does not seem to be only with parts that touch a thin part, some of the lines seen are well behind the inner surface, and some are actually rear portions of the parts through which they can be seen.

EDIT: I sup[ose I had better add that "I" have not made any parts transparent anywhere in the larger model (other than one or two which are intended to be), so if any ARE transparent, that is not my doing.

In a previous version, I noticed that most parts in models which were made in even earlier versions were set to 90% or 99% opaque, when they should have been 100%. I have not seen that here. {end edit}

An unrelated component of the larger "containing" model had been "edited in place", but the entire model has been saved after that, which should have closed out the transparency from the edit.

The edit looked slightly different that I expected. It appeared that the rest of the parts had been converted to wire frame for the edit. After the save they appeared to go back to normal, except for some parts such as those shown

I don't recall the cause of the problem before, if indeed a cause was found. As I recall, the problem gradually went away, and no actual cause was located. Transparency in V22.png Transparency in V22 pic 2.png

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. JST

JST Alibre Super User

As in previous cases with V21 or the one before that, after a few openings and closings, it reverted to normal.