1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, the herringbone/edge problem seems to be re-defined

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by JST, Mar 16, 2020.

1. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The problem appears to come and go. This is, I agree, very odd.

The latest version of it was that

1) the transparency and "all edges visible" issue re-appeared, after it had gone away for some time.

2) Highlighted surfaces showed the "fractured" look that appeared during the "herringbone" problem.

3) All trace of the shading that is usually present with the HOOPS enabled was gone. The display returned to a "look" as if the legacy graphics were re-enabled, EXCEPT THAT the edge visibility issue as I recall, was not present in legacy graphics. I may not recall correctly, but as I recall, the edges were behaving OK in legacy graphics.

Then a day or two later, the problem was totally gone, after being persistent for a day or so.

NO adjustments to settings were made, I never did return to the legacy graphics mode. The change, whatever it was due to, was absolutely NOT a "commanded change".

Latest previous report was

https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/ok-a-problem-returned-what-to-do-now.21530/