1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Note leaders.... getting the leader at the correct end?

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by JST, Oct 31, 2019.

1. JST

JST Alibre Super User

They seem to have a mind of their own, and will flip the leader to the other end if the note is moved.

I cannot find a way to lock that at one end when I want it there, I end up having to put the note somewhere that I'd rather not, just to get the leader to be where I want it, so it is clear and easy to see.

This is very similar to dimension leaders, which seem to have the same issue.

I knew there was a reason I was drawing actual lines instead of using the "canned" leaders.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Jake_Steidy likes this.
  2. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

From memory:
    Instead of Smart leaders try one of the other settings.

OTE_TheMissile likes this.
  3. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

Untitled.png

4. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The key there being to UNCHECK the smart anchor....... looks like I skipped right over that in the help

Now, if the dimension could be made to have a similar action, that would be perfect.

For instance, hole dimensions seem to be "smart" by default, and I have not yet found the place to change them. They flip back and forth between leader and double line diameter styles. It seems to be required to select for each individual dimension after it has been placed..

"Styles" can be created, but I have never found where the details of the styles as per above can be cha nged.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Dimensions Styles -> Circular Dimensions ->

Styles are inherited from the drawing template - so most efficient is to define styles in your own custom template.

When using Smart circular dimensioning, holding Shift key when selecting the circle will switch between diametric and radial dimension.

6. OTE_TheMissile

OTE_TheMissile Alibre Super User

You can right-click on a dimension and go into "Properties", then in the top left corner of the popup window there'll be a tickbox for "Override Style" and then the dimension gains its own bespoke style to do whatever you want. That's how I manage leaders, tolerance, and additional decimal place precision on my prints. 80% of the time my "normal" 2-place no tolerance style works just fine, it's those couple of dimensions on every print that require 3-places or like a +.000/-.015 tolerance that I'll use the override.

7. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

Didn't know that!

simonb65 likes this.
  8. JST

JST Alibre Super User

I figured there was a way, but apparently did not hold my mouth right when using the help to try to find it. So there are many things that I do every so often that I probably do wrong, because I needed to do them in a hurry, did not find it in the help, so I just found some way to get it done, and never went further.

Thanks..

Gotta say, though, "circular dimensions" did not scream to me that it meant that style!

9. OzBrand

OzBrand Member

Based on your post title, I thought you were giving specific instructions to the Alibre management team...