1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Exactly an Alibre issue....Window Resize annoyance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimpulse, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Jimpulse

Jimpulse Senior Member

This isnt an alibre issue but I figured someone here would probably know.
    When I Drag an application window in Windows 10 a function pops up that tries to facilitate placement of the app window when the mouse is released. (See the screen element pointed to in red below) It's a total annoyance to me. Does anyone know how to turn this flaw ...I mean Feature off.
    I have scoured Win Help and the internet and I cannot find anything....I dont know what to call this feature.
    Thanks for any help,
    Jimpulse

upload_2020-9-3_9-47-15.png

2. Jimpulse

Jimpulse Senior Member

Ok after a more deliberate Google, I find that this is NOT a windows function but rather a byproduct of my MSI laptops True color program.
    That sort of explains why I had trouble finding it.

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Don't you just love manufacturer bloatware! Installed a clean install of Windows on a Sony Vaio once ... I swear it ran 2-3 times faster! and was happier when Vaio Update and Windows Update stopped conflicting over installs! :(

4. Jimpulse

Jimpulse Senior Member

Simon..
    The bloatware "subsidy" is what makes a $300 windows laptop possible. :D
    -jimpulse

5. simonb65

True!

6. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Simon,
    Do you have some software that remove not essential "bloatware"? I have the CCleaner..of Piriform Ltd.
    GIOV

7. simonb65

No, I usually just take a new laptop and install a clean OEM version of windows rather than the manufacturers version of windows with all their 'unnecessary' applications in! I just download the hardware drives from the manufacturers website, but windows has most hardware drivers already in it. I do the same for graphics cards ... just download the Nvidia drivers and let windows do the rest.

8. GIOV

GIOV Alibre Super User

Thanks Simon for the inf.,
    GIOV