1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New v21 Preview Videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

2. idslk

idslk Alibre Super User

Looks nice:)
    Will the Custom Part Properties be accessible via Alibre Script?
    Regards
    Stefan

Mika and cadtec like this.
  3. GeorgD

GeorgD Member

I am very excited and curious. Can not Hardly Wait.

Georg

4. MikeHenry

MikeHenry Alibre Super User

That looks good to me too. Amy chance of better file handling?

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Looking forward to the new one. Only wish that you had added the ability to create folders within the tree (as a means of grouping features). Any chance of that still happening?

RocketNut and cadtec like this.
  6. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't fit it into v21. High chance for v22 a few months later.

7. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Read the bug fixes, looks like a few improvements have been made!

@Max, great set of feature additions. Any news on the next HOOPS update or Keyshot 9 for Alibre?

8. Drutort

Drutort Senior Member

can't wait! things look really good

Mika likes this.
  9. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Things do look to be "moving ahead" quite well, but what about Screw Thread Types? That (Screw Thread Types) ought to be moderately simple. ??? -- Lew

cadtec likes this.
  10. jc-s

jc-s Member

Fantastic -- I put this in as a feature request years ago. It'll make managing more complex designs so much easier.

Mika likes this.
  11. Mika

Mika Senior Member

Yes, in assembly tree, put fasteners, other purchase items (like sensors etc), manufactured items and sub-assemblies on a different folders. That is familiar way of working in SW already.

12. Lew_Merrick

Ah, you mean differentiating Items by Make and Buy?

Mika likes this.
  13. Mika

Mika Senior Member

Yes. That can be a one way to create folders...

14. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

In my case I want to use to group related fetaures eg. guide element, cooling, engraving, etc. Some of the plate cavity plates I design have a huge tree and it would be easier to find items if they were already in a folder.

Mika, Drutort and simonb65 like this.
  15. Lew_Merrick

Ah, but what this really points out is how little consideration was given tio the File Properties->General=>Part Data entries. -- Lew

JST likes this.
  16. Mika

Mika Senior Member

Both ones are important, file attributes and assembly tree folders to organize the view what you see on the monitor.

17. Lew_Merrick

Hi Mika -- If you "backtrack" this discussion a ways you will find a Project Directory Tree proposal I made. That is one "simple" approach that already exists for all users. The other side of this is making the File Properties->General->Part Data system more flexible and powerful than it is today. [I have been "suggesting" on this "front" for more than a decade.] One approach would be to define the Part Data values such that "one set" is loaded if the Component is defined as a "Buy" and another set based on the type of "Make" it is. At least that is my "thinking" on this subject... -- L:ew

Mika likes this.
  18. jfleming

jfleming Senior Member

Still waiting for better drawing tools, snapping a BOM to the title block doesn't really have any "WOW" factor. The dimensioning tools need better capabilites for snapping/aligning them together. Also need better controls for which direction the dim text is positioned in relation to the leader line.

Simply put, I create the sloppiest drawings that I have in my almost 20 year career because in Alibre it's simply too much work to make them look nice.

Mika likes this.
  19. SDMCATI

SDMCATI Member

So eager to seeing when it will be official releasing!:)

20. Lew_Merrick

And we need to be able to "link" Features such as Datums and Tolerances and Surface Roughness (etc) definitions much more completely to make them useful. [And, how about being ablr to define Datums within the Model?] -- Lew