1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New material editor...

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by Max, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

I deleted an unnecessarily toxic thread related to material editing.

<finger wag>

A new, built in material editor that's easy to use, easy to share, expanded with more data, etc. is coming in a few months in the next release.

Furthermore, some folks participating in the aforementioned thread also participated in the thread where we got feedback about making the new editor just a few months ago (https://alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/material-library-wishlist.21328/) so the idea that people are getting uppety about this topic is shocking and I will take it as people going stir crazy from Corona virus isolation.

But.

Some of those folks, you know who you are, have a pattern of this behavior. I almost never delete threads. It is a waste of our time and everyone else's time to put on our boots and wade through that nonsense. I'm going to move on to removing people instead of threads in the future if that continues.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    swertel, oldfox, Eddy So and 2 others like this.
  2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

@Max , could you please clarify the purpose of the forum, i.e. help and/or discussion? As a contributor in the deleted post, your comment above makes it feel as though my contributions are un-welcome and toxic, which I don't believe they are. If you have issues with certain users, please feel free to share names so we know where we stand!

I'm personally not going to remain in a forum that a) does not appreciate my contribution and b) gets personal abuse because of it (It's not the first topic which I have had abrupt replies that dismiss my comments as 'not worthy of using' .. by the same user).

We all have opinions, I value other users opinions and will always continue to do so, but without differing views there is no basis for discussion!

3. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

I didn't say everyone who participated had comments that were obnoxious, nor did I say every comment by those who participated was obnoxious. That said, a lot of it was.

I'm not going to name names.

The purpose of the forum is to have adult, reasoned, non accusatory, sane, respectful discussions. "Winning the internet" for the day is not on that list. A small handful of people take some things way too far.

4. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

+1, thank you.