1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New css styles of forum

Discussion in 'Features of the New Forum + Discussion' started by TimoCAD, Oct 11, 2019.

1. TimoCAD

TimoCAD Senior Member

Hi Alibre Team,

the New styles of the forum site in the New posts section are not good readable on mobile phones.

Could you please optimize?

2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Is is better? Can you be very specific with what you have trouble seeing?

3. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Mobile/Tablet - On the main page topic banners, only the title is readable. The other info, very light grey and very light blue on a white background is barely readable. Cant read on my phone or tablet. You need contrasting colours, not light on white!

On my PC it's a struggle because of the font (Edit: see next post...)!

On some forum areas and buttons, they looked like they are greyed out and not active!

Font sizes are too small too for mobile devices. I dont think it helps that they are slim or fine line fonts!!

Why not use the website or support styles? Also, as a rule, websites should be designed for mobile devices first ... thats why so many websites have large bold panels and fonts when viewedon a desktop/laptop.

It was better BEFORE. As they say, if if aint broke ...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  4. simonb65

On a PC, the colours work better, but the fonts you've set things to, don't agree with my PC ...

upload_2019-10-12_9-43-38.png

... you need to ditch platform specific fonts and stick to 1 or 2 standard fonts that you know will give the same appearance on ALL platforms!! ...

upload_2019-10-12_9-45-22.png

Sorry, guys, but is this yet another case of 'lets change something' (for change sake) ... then not fully test it ... AGAIN!?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. TimoCAD

TimoCAD Senior Member

Hi Max,

the font weight of the "New posts section" seems to be very thin on mobile phones.

simonb65 likes this.
  6. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Everything much more difficult to read on my PC screen too.

7. WdstJG

WdstJG Member

Having the same problem with my Android tablet, just started a few days ago.
    Go back to the old scheme.

simonb65 likes this.
  8. simonb65

This is my phone ...

upload_2019-10-12_10-37-53.png

upload_2019-10-12_10-38-45.png

9. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Maybe this new format works on an iphone, but it stinks on a computer.

P.S. I don't do Alibre Design on a phone.

anson and simonb65 like this.
  10. Max

Simon, that CSS has existed for 2 years.

The culprit was changing font weights to 100 in one spot. It has been reverted. It was changed in an attempt to bring more consistency between the Alibre.com site and this site, so it wasn't "for no reason". Unfortunately Xenforo's handling of CSS options is about 50 times more complicated than it should be. In any case, the problem should be addressed.

TimoCAD and simonb65 like this.
  11. WdstJG

WdstJG Member

Thanks Max
    Back to normal
    John

12. Max

Roger Roger.