1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse pointer is too precise

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by MainJet, Aug 9, 2019.

1. MainJet

MainJet Member

In the latest update, the mouse pointer in a sketch needs to be right on the line and often when clicking the mouse, the mouse/pointer moves a bit and misses the line/poit etc
    This is sooooooooo annoying and actually makes Alibre a pain in the b...
    My co-workers laughs at me when I have loud outbursts of F... and it costs me 50c in the swearing jar every-time
    I'm going broke.........

I cannot find anywhere to adjust this from within Alibre.
    My mouse sensitivity is correct for everything else I do, so I don't really want to adjust this

Any suggestions ?

/k

laverne3ca likes this.
  2. lugton

lugton Member

I have noticed this too.

laverne3ca likes this.
  3. JST

JST Alibre Super User

Isn't there a setting for the size of spot it selects?

That may be only for the size of nodes. And you are happy with everything else...... I have seen the same issue from time to tome.

4. dmckee101

dmckee101 Alibre Super User

Agreed. The small selectivity causes me to waste time. I can always zoom in if I need to be really selective about which line is to be selected.

5. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Don't think so, but from a customisation point of view, the ability to set this would solve many issues. I'm guessing the higher resolution your monitor is, the smaller the selection area becomes at the moment. My dad used to have a slight hand tremor in his later years and found this to be almost a game stopper for him with his CAD work!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

I'd have to agree that having a user selectable selection area would be nice, similar to AutoCAD's adjustable grips.
    Some info I found on a Windows programming site indicated that the native "pick point" of the cursor is only 1 pixel. So when you opt for a higher resolution screen that pixel gets physically smaller, so you do need to be more accurate with your selections. I find it difficult some times to select items and points on my 24" Dell running at 1920 x 1200. I don't know how you guys with the 4k high resolution monitors manage to get anything done. Must be real tough selecting anything. Personally, I wouldn't use a 4k monitor for anything but watching movies and videos, but that's what I have my big screen TV for.

7. JST

JST Alibre Super User

The selection as mentioned, seems to be only for the "target size", the node size, exact reverse of selector spot size.

Changing the global "selection circle" would help many things. But it could be a pain as well. A case of "choose size wisely".