1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse for Alibre

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beastro, Mar 20, 2018.

1. beastro

beastro Senior Member

Hi,
    I am using Alibre with a MS Surface pro. Can anybody recommend a portable mouse for using it with the surface in conjunction with Alibre?

thanks
    Berthold

2. GeorgD

GeorgD Member

I use the MX Master from Logitech connected via Bluetooth.

Georg

3. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

sz0k30 and swertel like this.
  4. swertel

swertel Alibre Super User

I second @Alexander 's recommendation. I use the wired CADMouse and it is fantastic.
    The only negative is the size, and that is only bad for travel. It is much more comfortable in the hand than most other mice I've ever used.

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

That CAD mouse does look interesting. Is the wireless one full size? I'm not really a fan of the miniature mice...

6. Alexander

Alexander Senior Member

I have both and the wireless is smaller which I prefer, probably because I have smallish hands. The software is excellent for customizing a very productive workflow.

7. beastro

beastro Senior Member

Thanks for the hint! Do you recommend to get the spacemouse too? Is it mainly for fast switching between tools?

8. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

ditto that ... how did they get the idea that by making a mouse smaller it would be as useful as the full sized mouse. It's as if they expect our hands to shrink just because we use a tablet or laptop so the make the mouse smaller. That's wacked.

9. RocketNut

RocketNut Alibre Super User

I use a trackball as my mouse. For me it makes navigationing a model very easy on the wrist. With a standard mouse just can not archive a smooth cursor control. Like it might take a couple mouse lifts to transverse a long distance (like from the bottom to ribbon task menu). With the track ball if the distance is large then it's a finger lift.

10. VoltsAndBolts

VoltsAndBolts Senior Member

I have an older versions of the SpaceMouse Pro on my desk at home and an older version of the SpaceMouse compact called the Space Navigator-USB with my Laptop. I even have a spare in the event of a failure.

I like them a lot! None of mine are wireless and the one with my laptop has been in and out of my backpack and seen many miles put on it. Even though is getting pretty beat it still works great.

11. swertel

swertel Alibre Super User

I use my Spacemouse all the time, but Alibre and 3DConnexion software don't communicate well, yet. There are a lot of features on the Spacemouse that just don't work in Alibre because 3DConnexion doesn't recognize Alibre as having those capabilities - mainly view control.

12. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

I always found that the trackball killed my wrist. I think all those years of music killed it...

13. auburncad

auburncad Member

I use a Logitech trackball along with a wireless 3D connexion spacemouse. Works great. Saves my wrists. The space mouse is worth every penny. Very high quality product.

14. RocketNut

RocketNut Alibre Super User

:D:D:D:D

15. beastro

beastro Senior Member

I started using a trackball to protect my wrist, similarily in my case music is working on completing the job...;)

16. beastro

beastro Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments.
    I ordered a spacemouse-cad mouse combo and look forward to starting to work with it.

Regards

Alexander likes this.
  17. lugton

lugton Member

3D Connexion CAD mouse

HaroldL likes this.
  18. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

+10