1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model Not Opening In KeyShot when Selecting Render

Discussion in 'KeyShot for rendering' started by DBC, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DBC

DBC Senior Member

In the latest version of Alibre, when I have a model opened and select render, Keyshot opens but no model appears. If I close Keyshot it reopens again trying to load, but come up empty again. Version: 2019 64-bit [Build 20055]

Sure feels like I am beta testing this, when I should not have to be reporting what seems to be a bug.

Is there a fix? Do I need to reinstall Keyshot or something else?

2. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

Build 20055 exports to keyshot fine for me.

3. DBC

DBC Senior Member

Thanks, I will try rebooting my computer and see if that helps.

4. DBC

DBC Senior Member

Rebooting did not help, so I downloaded keyshot_w64_8.0.247 again and reinstalled. It works with that version.

I tried to update Keyshot to the latest 8.2..... version and it pops up about a dozen or so installation errors. Not sure what that is all about, but I am pretty sure I had updated when I first installed Alibre 2018. Not sure why the update is not compatible now. I'd be curious to know if you are running Keyshot 8.2? I have attached a couple errors that I saw. There were many more.

Attached Files:

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Keyshot 8.2.80 was installed before updating AD to v2019 (and the various patches) - still works.

Only issue I had with Keyshot 8 was when I accepted an update at installation, that does lead to problems. Had to let it update later instead.

6. albie0803

albie0803 Alibre Super User

Its all working fine for me.
    upload_2019-8-19_7-46-22.png