1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maintenance Support Cost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nehemiah126, Nov 12, 2019.

1. nehemiah126

nehemiah126 Member

Hi
    I have question
    Why cost difference of annual maintenance different locally (Philippines) and overseas?
    From GDE2014 to Design Expert 2018 - USD400, this was last year.
    I ask local reseller for new subscription - USD800 (Php45k)

My boss loved this software being low in cost, I have difficulties defending it when there's price change.

MKR and bigseb like this.
  2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

This is my on going argument that licence purchases and maintenance renewal (upgrades and big fixes) should be available direct from an Alibre website shop ... just like every other application I use! The only time I pay for maintenance locally is if on site support is included or the re-seller provides value add .. or if its Alibre!

Ydl and bigseb like this.
  3. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Nehimiah -- According to the Alibre website (https://www.alibre.com/alibre-design-pricing/) maintenance & support are either (depending on your version) USD365 or USD465 per year. I suspect that your local distributor is adding their own "mark up." You will have to decide if the support they provide is worth the difference.

MKR likes this.
  4. simonb65

Lew, the problem is that us non-US customers have to buy licenses and maintenance through our 'local' supplier, we don't get the choice. So we either have Alibre at a significantly marked up price or we use another CAD package! So. it's not just a case of we don't want the local support, we can't buy direct at US prices!

nehemiah126 and Eddy So like this.
  5. Lew_Merrick

Lew_Merrick Alibre Super User

Simon -- Obviously I did not know this. -- Lew

6. simonb65

No problem, I would have assumed the same in your location. :)