1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loft Cut - Help

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by eric@velmex, Jun 30, 2020.

1. eric@velmex

eric@velmex Member

I am trying to loft cut away to leave a wall thickness on a part.

I can loft cut the Inside out no problem, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to loft cut outside the shape. I tried putting some arbitrary rectangles on my two sketches and then loft cut the void, no dice. So I am here for some advice.

[​IMG]

Thanks?

Attached Files:

2. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

Why don't you just loft extrude the outer profile, then loft cut the inner profile as you have already done, rather than starting with a solid block? Use an angled reference plane to create the reference plane for the upper sloping face. If it's to sit protruding from a rectangular plate, do that first.

3. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

I would just use a Loft then Shell it to the thickness you need. In this case I deleted the base Extrude feature and the Loft Cut. I then created a Loft Boss with the original Loft sketch then Shelled it to the outside with the two end faces removed.
    With this you can add any additional features you need.

Loft wShell.png

Attached Files:

4. eric@velmex

eric@velmex Member

that seems like a approach that makes sense, I thought of that on my drive home also.

thanks!