1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy Display

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sz0k30, Oct 28, 2019.

1. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Hi guys,

I'm a long-time casual user - Alibre Expert. Right now, on version: 2019 64 bit (Build 20065). Haven't done much with newest version, but on the 3D part files everything works good and I like the improvements.

As a casual user I just print drawings for myself. Usually on 8-1/2 x 11, occasionally 11 x 17 on my Brother printer. Finally got around to printing some drawings.

Previous versions the drawings printed great. Light lines that showed all the detail scaled down to 8-1/2 x 11. Now without Legacy Display the drawings I tried to print have all very heavy lines that obscure all the detail, just thick blobs of lines. Reset to Legacy Display and all is good again.

The second problem is the print scale. When I print, I assign the paper size and check the box "Scale to fit".
    No matter what size borders: A, B, C, D or E, in previous versions they all used to scale down very nicely to fit on a 8-1/2 x 11 or 11 x 17. Now without Legacy Display they scale down way too much and there is a lot of wasted not used space all the way around the border. Reset to Legacy Display & all is good again.

Trying to understand if this issue is being worked on, if some of us will always have to use Legacy Display, or if it is my Graphics: GeForce GTX 745?

Thanks.

2. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

We have seen a lot of issues on some machines and in some locales (e.g. German/Japanese/Polish) related to the HOOPS printing/PDF functionality. In a week or two-ish after some investigation, we will be releasing an update that reverts the printing and PDF publishing back to the old method (where you choose what PDF driver you want to use). We will keep that method as the primary until these other issues get fully sorted.

simonb65 and Ralf like this.
  3. sz0k30

sz0k30 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply! And by the way, I REALLY like the new view shading & dynamic sectioning.

4. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Glad you like it!